John Deere Construction | Articulated Dump Trucks
- Net Power: 239 kW (321 hp) at 1,900 rpm
- Rated Payload: 24 192 kg (53,334 lb.)
- Heaped Capacity: 15.0 m3 (19.6 cu. yd.)
Auto dump and hill hold
John Deere ADTS now include auto dump and hill hold that eliminate repetitive cycling motions. Automatic dump control allows for the operator to press a button and the machine will automatically dump the bin and controls the other functions necessary.
- At the push of a lever, auto dump shifts the transmission to neutral, sets the service brakes, increases engine speed, and initiates body raise.
A quieter, pressurized cab with standard adaptive suspension system
Sealed, pressurized cab helps minimize fatigue. The Deere-designed cab is pressurized to keep things quiet, helping operators stay comfortable and alert, all shift long.
Standard adaptive suspension system adjusts to the jobsite, stabilizing the ride and the cab, for operator comfort no matter the machine cycle, empty or loaded.
- 69-dB ultra-quiet Deere-designed cab
- Larger entryway allows roomier entrance and exit
- Fully adjustable air-ride seat makes smooth sailing out of any terrain
- Sealed and pressurized to keep out dust and noise
Streamlined mirror-bow design
- Mirror-bow design increases visibility, reduces vibration, and enables walkthrough access to the engine compartment. Lights on the mirrors help bring onboard weighing into clear focus.
- Standard reverse camera with choice of display gives the operator visibility to obstacles in the direct path of the machine while backing up.
- When activated, standard auto horn will automatically sound when the ADT is started, moves forward or in reverse, or changes direction, to help comply with MSHA regulations.
Lighting the way
- Front and rear work lights and optional high-mounted LED lights help illuminate the site. Stairway lights are push-button operated from inside the cab to light machine exits and also from ground level when going to work in dark environments. Stairs are evenly spaced, for more surefooted passage.
In the know and on the go with onboard diagnostics
This suite of construction technology delivers Productivity Solutions to help you get more done, more efficiently. The in-base, five-year JDLink telematics subscription provides machine location, utilization data, and alerts to help you maximize productivity and efficiency. Other productivity solutions include grade-management options for multiple machine forms and payload weighing for wheel loaders and articulated dump trucks.
- To maximize uptime and lower costs, JDLink telematics also enables John Deere Connected Support.™
- John Deere’s centralized Machine Health Monitoring Center analyzes data from thousands of connected machines, identifies trends, and develops recommended actions, called Expert Alerts, to help prevent downtime.
- Dealers use Expert Alerts to proactively address conditions that may otherwise likely lead to downtime.
- Your dealer can also monitor machine health and leverage remote diagnostics and programming capability to further diagnose problems and even update machine software without a time-consuming trip to the jobsite.
- Optional onboard weighing system arrives factory calibrated. Payload weight is displayed on the monitor during loading, with real-time load and tonnage data transmitted via JDLink™, access to accurate payload values removes the guesswork from daily production levels, increasing uptime and efficiency
Smart Features to boost productivity and uptime
Smart features such as on-the-fly auto-differential lock, tire-pressure monitoring, and onboard payload weighing all boost productivity and uptime, while helping to keep operating costs down.
- Optional onboard weighing system arrives factory calibrated. Payload weight is displayed on the monitor during loading, with real-time load and tonnage data transmitted via JDLink™, access to accurate payload values removes the guesswork from daily production levels, increasing uptime and efficiency.
- Optional integrated tire-pressure/temperature-monitoring system helps boost tire life, productivity, and fuel efficiency. If pressure drops by 10 percent, a passive alarm appears on the monitor. Further decreases or overheating trigger an audible warning, and an email alert is sent via JDLink.
Standard Onboard Features to Help Ease Operation
There are multiple owner and operator settings for features available in the monitor. Intuitive to use and easy to adjust, these features eliminate some of the operator inputs, allowing them to focus more on moving material efficiently. The best part is that all of these features are standard on John Deere ADTs.
- Rollover protection - Alerts the operator to a potential unsafe dump angle and stops the dump cycle. Set at 15% from the factory this setting can also be user defined by accessing the owner setting in the monitor.
- Downhill dump protection - Automatically calculates the truck position to make sure the dump body doesn’t travel over-center when dumping downhill.
- Auto dump brake - With auto dump brake enabled and driveline assist active, the service brakes will latch when unloading the machine.
- Hill hold - When stopping on an uphill slope, the truck will automatically keep the service brakes applied while the operator moves their foot from the brake pedal to the throttle to keep the truck from rolling backward.
- Frame protection - If a dump is stopped before material is shed out of the bin, the truck will cushion the bin travel back to cradle to prevent a full bin from aggressively seating onto the frame.
- Shuttle shifting - The transmission may be shifted direction without the truck coming to a stop improving cycle times and eliminating operator abuse
- Descent control - When activated by the operator, this setting will help automatically control the truck speed when driving down a descent through automatic use of the transmission retarder. Check decal on window for speed and gear limitations.
- Dump body limits - The maximum dump height can be restricted from full dump when working around low overhead obstacles.
- Transmission warm-up - At truck start up, the transmission will automatically begin a warm-up cycle. This improves not only ride and shift quality but also increases daily productivity by getting the transmission up to operating temperature quickly.
- Speed limits – Max speed limit can be set in the monitor to match jobsite conditions or site requirements, reducing complexity for the operator.
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
Articulated Dump Truck
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech PSS 6090|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||9 (549)|
|Rated Speed, rpm||1900|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||239 (321)|
|Secondary Steering Type||Ground Driven Pump|
|Differential Lock||F: 100 / R: 100|
|Tire size - Standard||23.5 R25|
|Front Suspension - Type||A-Frame|
|Front Suspension||Nitrogen/Oil-Filled Struts - Auto Levelling|
|Rear Suspension - Type||Pivoting Walking Beam|
|Rear Suspension||Rubber Suspension Blocks|
|Service Brake - Actuation||Hydraulic|
|Parking Brake - Type||Disc - Driveline|
|Retarder - Type||Transmission|
|Length - Overall, mm (ft/in)||9740 (31 ft 11 in)|
|Height - Max, mm (ft/in)||3660 (12 ft )|
|Width over Tires, mm (ft/in)||2850 (9 ft 4 in)|
|Hoist - Type||Twin, 1-Stage|
|Approach Angle, Degrees||24|
|Articulation Angle, ± Degrees||45|
|Turning Radius - Outside, mm (ft/in)||8020 (26 ft 4 in)|
|Turning Radius - Inside, mm (ft/in)||4270 (14 ft )|
|Turns lock to lock||4.2|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||496 (131)|
|Struck Capacity, m³ (yd³)||11.7 (15.3)|
|Heaped Capacity, m³ (yd³)||15 (19.6)|
|Gears - Forward / Reverse||8F - 4R|
|Net Weight, kg (lbs)||22494 (49591)|
|Payload, kg (lbs)||24192 (53334)|
|Gross Weight, kg (lbs)||46686 (102925)|