John Deere Construction | Backhoes
- Net Peak Power: 52 kW (69 hp) at 2,100 rpm
- Max. Standard Dipperstick Digging Depth: 4.16 m (13 ft. 8 in.)
- Operating Weight: 6 270 kg (13,822 lb.)
The 310L EP is designed to deliver great customer value at a lower acquisition price. With a more basic operator station, the feature trade-offs enable a lower acquisition price than this model’s previous design. The new four-speed synchromesh manual transmission is designed to deliver greater customer value at a lower acquisition price while maintaining machine reliability.
- Carraro four-speed synchromesh manual transmission
- Mechanical-front-wheel-drive (MFWD) open front-axle differential
- Two-wheel-drive braking functionality only
- Transmission Control Lever forward, neutral, reverse only
- Four halogen work lights with an LED four-light package option
- Standard mechanical suspension seat with vinyl covering only; air-suspension version optional with cloth or vinyl covering
- Cable-actuated defrost
- Exterior kickplate removed
- Battery cover in base with toolbox option
The loader control valve on all L-Series backhoes has been redesigned. The new valve will help reduce hydraulic cylinder-rod drift, improve metering profiles and controllability, and boost three-point stance performance. The auxiliary flow has been increased by 5 gpm (19 L/min) for improved performance on high flow loader attachments.
- Updated to reduce hydraulic cylinder-rod drift and improve metering profiles and controllability
- Integrated, low-leak, check valves in loader boom and bucket rod circuits for 310SL– 710L models, improving three-point stance performance
- Electrohydraulic (EH) auxiliary hydraulics are now integrated into the valve body, for minimized connections and potential leak points
- Maximum auxiliary flow has increased to 35 gpm, for improved performance of high-flow loader attachments
- Reduced spool to bore leakage
- Anti-cavitation standard on boom and bucket to further help with back dragging applications
- Greaseless Bucket Cylinder to Guide Link Pin
- Retained Pin in Guide Link to Lift Arm Joint
Enhanced “palm-on-top” loader-control grip is comfortable and easy to use. The loader-control valve has been redesigned to reduce resistance and improve its throw and feel.
- Lever travel from handle-to-linkage ratio has been reduced up to 15 percent.
- Update includes removal of the spherical joint and replacement with a forged U-joint and integrated needle bearings, for maximized durability.
- Maintains same loader grip and harness as previous L-Series Backhoes.
You can feel confident in the reliability, performance, and fuel efficiency of the 310L EP’s proven Yanmar 3.3L engine. With no external engine aftertreatment components needed, the engine design minimizes machine complexity and the number of parts that must be maintained by the customer, resulting in lower total cost of ownership and enhanced uptime.
This EPA Interim Tier 4 (IT4)-equivalent diesel complies with EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV emissions regulations without the need for aftertreatment components, minimizing machine complexity and the number of parts needed to maintain your fleet. This is important to rental company customers who value total cost of ownership, quality and reliability, and ease of maintenance.
- Variable speed fan option available on 310L EP reduces horsepower draw on the engine, fuel consumption, and noise levels
- 310L EP IT4-equivalent Yanmar engine requires no aftertreatment
- The engine design minimizes machine complexity and the number of parts that must be maintained by the customer, resulting in lower total cost of ownership and enhanced uptime.
- Feature a 55 kW (73HP) net peak powered engine
- Maintains performance and cycle times from the previous series
- Ideal for rental fleets and large contractors
Ride control operation is a feature to improve machine ride and reduce tire flexing when traveling over rough terrain at a high speed with loaded bucket, or when transporting with an empty bucket.
- Increases operator comfort and efficiency
- Reduces material spillage in load and carry operations
Check and change fluids quickly and cleanly from the ground to keep equipment running smoothly.
- Same side, ground level daily service – including fuel fill; easy checks are more likely to get done, preventing a major failure and reducing inspection time
- Two position easy tilt hood
- Hinged Cooling Package Design
The 310L EP is updated with MFWD open front-axle differential, designed to deliver greater customer value at a lower acquisition price.
- Multi-plate clutch engagement allows for on-the-fly MFWD engagement
- Optional limited slip MFWD for true 4x4 performances and excellent traction in any ground conditions
The economically priced, rental-friendly 310L EP features a four-speed manual-range gear-selection transmission with synchronizers.
- Four-speed synchromesh manual
- Mechanical-front-wheel-drive (MFWD) open front-axle differential
- Clutch disconnect conveniently located on shift lever
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||3.3 (203)|
|Rated Speed, rpm||2100|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||52 (69)|
|Transmission Type||Power Shift|
|Service Brake Type||Wet Multi Disc|
|Service Brake Actuation||Hydraulic w/Power Assist|
|Max length with std. Stick, mm (ft/in)||7240 (23 ft 9 in)|
|Height over std Stick, mm (ft/in)||3390 (11 ft 1 in)|
|Height over ext Stick, mm (ft/in)||3390 (11 ft 1 in)|
|Maximum Width, mm (ft/in)||2200 (7 ft 3 in)|
|Width over tires, mm (ft/in)||2200 (7 ft 3 in)|
|Wheelbase - 4WD, mm (ft/in)||2190 (7 ft 2 in)|
|Ground Clearance, mm (inches)||318 (13)|
|Width - General Purpose Bucket, mm (ft/in)||2184 (7 ft 2 in)|
|Bucket Rotation - Position 1, Degrees||190|
|Bucket Pin Height - General Purpose, mm (ft/in)||3510 (11 ft 6 in)|
|Dump Height - General Purpose, mm (ft/in)||2770 (9 ft 1 in)|
|Dump Reach - General Purpose, mm (inches)||699 (27.5)|
|Digging Depth - General Purpose, mm (inches)||41 (1.6)|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||128.7 (34)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||45 (11.9)|
|4WD Front Axle, ltr (gallons (US))||7.5 (1.975)|
|Bucket Capacity - Standard General Purpose, m³ (yd³)||0.77 (1)|
|Battery Voltage, V||12|
|Bucket Tearout - Non-Extending Dipper, kN (lbf)||48.2 (10844)|
|Stick tearout, kN (lbf)||31.1 (6992)|
|Boom Lift - Maximum Reach - Non-Extending Dipper, kg (lbs)||1345 (2965)|
|Bucket Breakout - General Purpose, kN (lbf)||41.9 (9410)|
|Lift To Full Height - General Purpose Bucket, kg (lbs)||2922 (6443)|
|Pump||Variable Axial Piston Pump|
|Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||128 (33.7)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||6438 (14192)|
|Weight - 4WD, GP, std Stick, kg (lbs)||6438 (14192)|