John Deere Construction | Mid-Size Wheel Loaders
- Net Power: 256 kW (343 hp) at 1,600 rpm
- Bucket Capacity: 3.8–5.2 m³ (5.0–6.75 cu. yd.)
- Operating Weight: 26 460–28 101 kg (58,334–61,952 lb.)
The addition of enhanced visibility and radar object detection systems improves situation awareness and can help prevent costly damage to machines and equipment. The addition of the advanced vision system and obstacle intelligence can help lower total cost of ownership and machine downtime.
- The advance vision system integrates two digital cameras on the rearview mirror platforms and integrates those views, along with the rearview camera view located at the rear of the machine, into a dedicated single display within the cab.
- A dedicated, secondary display is larger and digital cameras provide a higher quality visual compared to analog cameras
- Dynamic reversal projected path lines assist the operator in visualizing the anticipated reversal path of the loader based on its articulation in order to provide better line of sight to objects or people that may be directly within that path
- Lines are overlaid within the rear camera view on the dedicated monitor.
- Distinctive audible alarm notifies the operator when an object is detected with the beep speed increasing as an object comes closer to the loader
Production class P-tier loaders will continue to utilize the durable axles implemented with the K-II series machines. The 744 and 824 will continue to use the TMV axles while the 844 continues to use the ZF MTL axles.
- Front input bearings and brake discs are pressure lubed, enhancing cooling and extending component life.
- Deeper final drive ratio lowers torque on sun shaft and differential resulting in increased durability.
- Spiral bevel pinion and gears have improvements of 500% and 158% respectively to increase strength and durability.
- Axle shaft diameter and bearing size increased to withstand higher torque.
- Brake retractors and automatic self-adjusters were added to eliminate brake drag and maintain a constant brake running clearance increasing brake compliance, reducing fuel consumption and heat.
- Larger capacity front axle input bearings were added to increase reliability and durability.
- Differential locks are a low-pressure open circuit system that uses axle oil increasing reliability and durability.
Electrohydraulic (EH) controls allow for increased functionality to customize machine operations. Operators can adjust settings based on preference to increase productivity across a range of jobsite applications.
- Enable soft hydraulic stops to select how abrupt the bucket or boom stops when end of travel is reached or when the lever of the joystick is released.
- Personalize both multi-function buttons, incorporated into the joysticks with up to 9 options selectable from the monitor.
- From the factory multi-function 1 is set as kickdown and multi-function 2 is set as the horn
- P-tier production class loaders may be equipped with low effort, shorter throw single axis controls or joystick controls.
- Set and store up to 10 different attachment configuration settings including flow, responsiveness, and other modes through the monitor for the most frequently used attachments in your fleet.
|Quick Shift||EH Precision Mode|
|Diff Lock||Increment Counter|
|Soft Stop Disable||Add Truck|
|Add Bucket (if equipped)||Horn|
|Aux Electrical Output (if equipped)|
Multi-Function Button Programmable Options
- EH Precision Mode allows fine metering of bucket or boom movement when precision loader functions are required. This scales back on the aggressiveness of the functions during operation as well as limits flow. The feature is best utilized in any application that requires reduced hydraulic function speed such as laying pipe or installing manholes.
With improvements to the electrical and hydraulic routing and features such as ground level servicing and Quad Cool, customers get an upgraded serviceability experience.
- Wire harness routing has been enhanced and additional retention points have been added to reduce rubbing
- Quad Cool cooling system places coolers in a unique boxed configuration that is isolated from the engine heat for increased efficiency and durability Ground-level daily service checks and fuel refill are conveniently grouped at ground level on the left side of the machine for easy access
- Factory installed auto-lube system is offered as standard equipment. Automatic greasing takes place while the machine is working which is more effective for grease distribution.
- The pump manifold has been removed from the articulation area to simplify ease of service.
- Controllers and fuse panel are all protected from the environment while also being more serviceable from inside the cab
- The hydraulic reservoir on the 744L and 824L has been relocated to the engine compartment for reduced complexity and improved hose routings.
P-tier production class loaders pack more power and burn less fuel than previous series machines helping increase productivity to keep up with all the demands of the sites they work on.
- All P-tier Production Class Loaders have received a net horsepower increase (see chart below) and burn less fuel compared to K-series machines.
- The 824 P burns 5-12 percent less fuel than the 824K-II
- The 824 P is powered by a 9.0L engine compared to the 13.5 L found in the 824K-II
- Horsepower has increased from 333 hp to 343 hp
- No loss in productivity across any operations compared to K-II machines
- 8-12 percent improvement in fuel consumption, up to 16 percent improvement in fuel efficiency compared to K-II
- Lower cost of maintenance due to smaller engine oil capacities.
- Shuttle Shift minimizes the chance for an operator to make a poor shifting decision; shuttle shift allows a commanded direction to change while still moving.
- Standard Automatic Ride Control improves operator comfort and material retention when traveling over uneven terrain.
- Standard Lockup Torque Converter adds additional torque and improves fuel economy during material transport.
- Dedicated steering pump improves multifunction performance and fuel efficiency while also enabling faster steering, bucket raising, and cycle times compared to previous series.
- 744 and 824 come with transmission improvements containing improved lockup logic to improve performance and shift quality, updated speed sensors that improve low torque shifting for smoother accelerations, and improved downshift performance and reduced engine speed drop when going into piles.
|844 AH/904||401||429||7 percent|
The redesigned cab in the P-tier John Deere Production Class loader lineup features improvements that provide operators with a first-class work environment. The range of creature comfort options are intended to keep operators comfortable and productive no matter what task at hand.
- An additional 3 inches of leg room has been added over the previous K-Series loaders
- Optional premium seat with heating and ventilation and seat pan and tilt adjustment
- Cab door has increased by 79% over previous series machines at the bottom opening for easier ingress and egress
- Additional 12V power ports have been strategically placed for proper powering of devices and a USB port has been added for connecting to the radio
- Auxiliary accessory mounting points are strategically placed on the right front and rear cab posts for equipment such as a payload scale interface or CB radio
- Upgraded HVAC system, including automatic temperature control, improves cooling capacity, adds additional precision control, and increases reliability and durability.
- The AC unit has been relocated to the right side of the cab for easier access and service
- The fresh air filter exchange is made through the top of the unit located outside the cab. This allows the dirty filter to be replaced completely outside of the operator compartment.
- The brushless motor provides infinite fan speeds, quieter operation, and increased airflow.
- A standard blower vent located behind the seat defrosts the rear window is adjustable to control the direction of air flow.
- The sealed switch module has been updated and relocated on L-series and P-tier loaders. The new location brings the switches to the operator’s line of sight during operation for quick reference and ese of selection. There are also multiple updated and new functions included.
Selecting the About button on the main menu of the monitor, then going down to SSM feature button the next screen takes you to a menu where you can view each button on the SSM and learn more about each feature.
Loaders in this size class are expected to last multiple lives and total cost of ownership is a key factor in upfront purchasing decisions. Extend the life of your machine with Powertrain Re-Life Plus Program that provides you with one more option to extend the life of your equipment without compromising the performance and reliability you have come to expect from it.
- With the Powertrain ReLife Plus program, you can extend the warranty coverage on major powertrain components replaced under the program to three years/5,000 hours or two years/6,000 hours (three years/3,000 hours for all Scraper Tractors).
- John Deere Financial provides no-payment and no-interest options followed by low-interest-rate terms, allowing you to get your machine back on the job and generating income before you make a payment. Contact your local dealer for more information on available financing options.
- John Deere Certified Rebuild Centers contain the expertise, tools, and facilities needed to accommodate relife’s on current series or J and K series production class loaders in an efficient manner.
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech PSS 6090|
|Emission Rating||EPA Tier 4 / EU Stage V|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||9 (548)|
|Rated Speed, rpm||1600|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||256 (343)|
|Torque, Nm (lbf / ft)||1627 (1200)|
|Front Differential Type||Locking|
|Rear Differential Type||Open|
|Tire size - Standard||26.5 R25|
|Service Brake - Type||Wet Disc|
|Service Brake - Actuation||Hydraulic|
|Parking Brake - Type||Wet Multi Disc|
|Height - Over Cab, mm (ft/in)||3570 (11 ft 9 in)|
|Wheelbase, mm (ft/in)||2298 (7 ft 6 in)|
|Ground clearance, mm (inches)||458 (18)|
|Width Over tires - Std, mm (ft/in)||3084 (10 ft 1 in)|
|Height - Pivot Pin, mm (ft/in)||4480 (14 ft 9 in)|
|Reach - At 2130mm 45° Dump, mm (ft/in)||2050 (6 ft 9 in)|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||477 (126)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||142 (37.5)|
|Heaped Capacity, m³ (yd³)||4.7 (6.1)|
|Breakout - Bucket, kgf (lbf)||18878 (41619)|
|Ride Control System||Yes|
|Pump Flow - 1, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||484.5 (128)|
|System Pressure, bar (PSI)||249 (3610)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||26460 (58334)|