John Deere Construction | Motor Graders
- Net Power: 160 kW (215 hp)
- Operating Weight: 18 325 kg (40,400 lb.)
- Blade Pull: 14 091 kg (31,066 lb.)
- Net Torque Rise: 40%
Expand All Collapse All
- Our competitively priced 620G/GP offers contractors, townships, and municipalities the grader they’ve been asking for, with just the right amount of power and fuel savings of up to 10 percent over our larger models. It’s equipped — not stripped — with many of the same features found on its larger siblings, including a superior cooling package and ground-level service.
- New John Deere automation features designed to move you ahead in a big way include Machine-Damage Avoidance, Machine Presets, Auto-Articulation, Auto-Gain for Cross Slope, and Auto-Pass (available on Grade Pro [GP] models).
- Auto-Shift PLUS simplifies operation of both GP and G-Series, for machine operation without using the inching pedal.
- John Deere SmartGrade Motor Graders are fully integrated and calibrated from the factory, arriving at your jobsite ready to work.
- Integration into the SmartGrade cabin and structures helps shield key grade-control components such as wire harnesses and sensors from damage and theft.
- Eight armrest-mounted, fingertip-actuated controls on Grade Pro (GP) models are arranged in the industry-standard pattern on each side of the standard steering wheel.
- Optional dual-joystick controls on GP models require significantly less wrist motion to articulate the motor grader than competitive joystick controls.
- Our G-Series models offer conventional lever-operated controls.
- When engaged, Eco mode reduces engine rpm in gears 1–5, optimizing fuel usage and decreasing operating costs by up to 10 percent.
- Auto shutdown turns off the engine after an operator-determined period of time. Saves fuel and reduces wear on engine, transmission, and hydraulic components.
- Featuring a fully sealed bearing and pinion that run smoother and quieter, the industry-leading design of the optional premium circle reduces operating costs while delivering 40-percent more torque and 15-percent more speed than a traditional circle. Contractors no longer have to compensate for wear in the circle, improving accuracy when using a grade-control system — especially impactful when coupled with the innovative John Deere SmartGrade™ system. And greasing intervals of only four zerks every 500 hours make the premium circle essentially maintenance free.
- Increased engine horsepower, torque, and blade pull produce generous power and lugging ability, to deliver more power to the ground, easily pull through tough spots, or tackle steep hills.
- Horsepower and torque are optimized for each gear to maximize performance no matter your application.
- All-around visibility is virtually unobstructed, with a clear view to the heel and toe, and behind the moldboard.
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech PSS 6.8L|
|Number Of Cylinders||6|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||6.8 (414)|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||160 (215)|
|Peak Engine Torque, Nm (lbf / ft)||1005 (750)|
|Torque Rise, %||40|
|Net Power - Gear 1, kW (hp)||112 (150)|
|Net Power - Gear 2, kW (hp)||123 (165)|
|Net Power - Gear 3, kW (hp)||134 (180)|
|Net Power - Gear 4, kW (hp)||142 (190)|
|Net Power - Gear 5, kW (hp)||149 (200)|
|Net Power - Gear 6, kW (hp)||153 (205)|
|Net Power - Gear 7, kW (hp)||157 (210)|
|Net Power - Gear 8, kW (hp)||160 (215)|
|Transmission Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Number Of Speeds - Forward||8|
|Number Of Speeds - Reverse||8|
|Front Wheel Drive||No|
|Axle Oscillation, ± Degrees||32|
|Front Wheel Lean, ± Degrees||20|
|Service Brake Type||Multiple Wet Discs|
|Service Brake Actuation||Hydraulic|
|Overall Length, mm (ft/in)||8890 (29 ft 2 in)|
|Height Over ROPS, mm (ft/in)||3180 (10 ft 5 in)|
|Transport Width, mm (inches)||2490 (98)|
|Wheelbase, mm (ft/in)||6160 (20 ft 3 in)|
|Bladebase, mm (ft/in)||2570 (8 ft 5 in)|
|Moldboard Sideshift - Right, mm (inches)||683 (26.9)|
|Moldboard Sideshift - Left, mm (inches)||683 (26.9)|
|Shoulder Reach - Right, mm (ft/in)||2083 (6 ft 10 in)|
|Shoulder Reach - Left, mm (ft/in)||2083 (6 ft 10 in)|
|Circle Rotation, Degrees||360|
|Turning Radius - Minimum, m (ft/in)||7.21 (23 ft 8 in)|
|Frame Articulation, ± Degrees||22|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||15770 (34767)|
|Weight With Push Block & Ripper, kg (lbs)||18325 (40400)|
|Operating Weight - Maximum, kg (lbs)||22680 (50000)|