John Deere Construction | Shovel Loggers
- Peak Power: 246 kW (330 hp)
- Max. Boom Reach: 11.00 m (36 ft. 1 in.)
- Tractive Effort: 321 kN (72,140 lbf)
- Swing Torque: 110,174 Nm (81,260 lb.-ft.)
- Tail Swing (from swing center): 3.18 m (10 ft. 5 in.)
John Deere PowerTech™ 9.0-L diesel engine delivers low total fluid consumption and high dependability.
The 953ML Shovel Logger is factory configured with a live-heel swamp-logger boom with grapple capacity of up to 60 inches and features a wide swath of 19 feet 4 inches, for tearing into tough, swampy conditions.
- Spacious climate-controlled cab features expansive jobsite visibility, ergonomic controls, and standard fully adjustable air-ride seat.
- Enhanced LED lighting package, including boom-mounted lights, enables you to work when you want, for as long as you want, no matter the jobsite environment.
Reliable tractive effort enables maneuverable negotiation of difficult terrain or wetlands and swamps, particularly in the southeastern United States. Long and wide undercarriage with wide track pads maintains a balance of stability and flotation in challenging conditions.
Take the guesswork out of planning, implementing, and monitoring your logging operation. The tools of our production-planning and -tracking system expand on the core technology features that come standard in every John Deere Forestry machine to unleash a powerful new array of possibilities:
- TimberMatic™ Maps is an innovative onboard software solution that helps you reimagine your jobsites. Real-time production views, optimized routes, and shared wireless connections between machines make it easier than ever before to take your forestry operation to the next level.
- TimberManager™ is a web-based solution for PCs, tablets, and mobile phones that allows you to follow jobsite progress. Combined with TimberMatic Maps, this software provides complete visibility of your operation — from land harvested to specific machines — so you can streamline communication, analyze tasks, and increase productivity.
Your John Deere Forestry machine arrives from the factory equipped with a powerful set of technologies and capabilities already built in:
- JDLink™ connectivity lets you track your equipment, see which machines are working, and know if they’re being utilized properly and at maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Enabled through JDLink, John Deere Connected Support leverages a suite of dealer and factory tools designed to deliver increased uptime and productivity, and lower daily operating costs.
- Remote Diagnostics and Programming Capability within John Deere Connected Support helps your dealer warn you of any issue with your machine — often before you know of the problem yourself — and initiate solutions without charging you for a technician’s visit to your jobsite.
- Our advanced dual approach to Machine Health combines the expertise of the technology specialists at our dealerships with the data specialists at our central Machine Health Monitoring Center (MHMC).
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech Plus 6090PSS|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||9 (549)|
|Engine Output, kW (hp)||246 (330)|
|Engine Torque, Nm (lbf / ft)||1527 (1126)|
|Carrier Rollers - Each Side||2|
|Track Rollers - Each Side||10|
|Track Shoe Width, mm (inches)||610 (24)|
|Track Shoe Width - Option, mm (inches)||711.2 (28)|
|Transport Height, mm (ft/in)||4370 (14 ft 4 in)|
|Overall Width, mm (ft/in)||3610 (11 ft 10 in)|
|Overall Track Length, mm (ft/in)||4900 (16 ft 1 in)|
|Track Length On Ground, mm (ft/in)||3830 (12 ft 7 in)|
|Tailswing Radius, mm (ft/in)||3180 (10 ft 5 in)|
|Ground Clearance, mm (ft/in)||738 (2 ft 5 in)|
|Width Over Tracks, mm (ft/in)||3610 (11 ft 10 in)|
|Track gauge, mm (ft/in)||2690 (8 ft 10 in)|
|Horizontal Reach, m (ft/in)||11 (36 ft 1 in)|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||1080 (285)|
|Ground Bearing Pressure, kPa (PSI)||47.6 (6.9)|
|Slew Torque, kNm (lbf / ft)||110.174 (81260)|
|Travel Speed, kph (mph)||4.75 (3)|
|Lift capacity at max reach, kg (lbs)||4360 (9610)|
|Pump Type||Variable Axial Piston|
|Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||532 (141)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||37190 (82000)|