John Deere Construction | Skidders
- Gross Power: 210 kW (281 hp)
- Gross Torque: 1276 Nm (941 ft.-lb.)
- Max. Grapple Capacity: 2.07 m2 (22.3 sq. ft.)
- Operating Weight: 23 697 kg (52,245 lb.)
For work in wet, muddy conditions, the 768L-II Bogie Skidder can turn the tide. Combining tenacious tractive ability and flotation with reduced ground pressure, this six-wheel specialist is designed to carry large loads longer distances.
Engage the front and rear axles, or just the front or rear as needed, to maneuver over tough terrain.
Confidently pull heavy loads and maneuver on hillsides and in wet terrain thanks to superb bogie-axle stability. Operators can also appreciate the reduced machine vibration and smooth ride.
Grapple options ranging from 17.5 to 22.3 square feet help you deliver more wood to the landing with fewer skids. Grapple squeeze provides a constant pressure, so operators are less likely to lose a log, even if a load gets jarred.
The easy-to-use CVT transmission automatically senses the load and delivers more torque and tractive effort as needed to maintain the desired speed.
Arch design provides an expansive rearward view to the grapple and jobsite behind the machine, while a long wheelbase and improved boom-arch envelope increase dexterity and maneuverability in the woods. The tight turning radius enhances agility at the landing.
Take the guesswork out of planning, implementing, and monitoring your logging operation. The tools of our production-planning and -tracking system expand on the core technology features that come standard in every John Deere Forestry machine to unleash a powerful new array of possibilities:
- TimberMatic™ Maps is an innovative onboard software solution that helps you reimagine your jobsites. Real-time production views, optimized routes, and shared wireless connections between machines make it easier than ever before to take your forestry operation to the next level.
- TimberManager™ is a web-based solution for PCs, tablets, and mobile phones that allows you to follow jobsite progress. Combined with TimberMatic Maps, this software provides complete visibility of your operation — from land harvested to specific machines — so you can streamline communication, analyze tasks, and increase productivity.
Your John Deere Forestry machine arrives from the factory equipped with a powerful set of technologies and capabilities already built in:
- JDLink™ connectivity lets you track your equipment, see which machines are working, and know if they’re being utilized properly and at maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Enabled through JDLink, John Deere Connected Support leverages a suite of dealer and factory tools designed to deliver increased uptime and productivity, and lower daily operating costs.
- Remote Diagnostics and Programming Capability within John Deere Connected Support helps your dealer warn you of any issue with your machine — often before you know of the problem yourself — and initiate solutions without charging you for a technician’s visit to your jobsite.
- Our advanced dual approach to Machine Health combines the expertise of the technology specialists at our dealerships with the data specialists at our central Machine Health Monitoring Center (MHMC).
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Standard Arch Function||Dual|
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech PSS 9.0L|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||9 (549)|
|Engine Output, kW (hp)||210 (281)|
|Engine Torque, Nm (lbf / ft)||1276 (941)|
|Transmission||Continuous Variable Transmission|
|Service Brake Type||Inboard Wet discs|
|Parking Brake Type||Wet multi-disc in Transmission|
|Overall Length, mm (inches)||9075.3 (357.2)|
|Height Over Cab, mm (inches)||3365 (132.5)|
|Overall Width, mm (inches)||3508 (138.1)|
|Wheelbase, mm (inches)||4416.7 (173.8)|
|Dozer Blade Height, mm (inches)||691 (27.2)|
|Ground Clearance, mm (inches)||557 (21.9)|
|Dozer Blade Width, mm (inches)||2962.4 (116.6)|
|Dozer Blade - Dig Depth, mm (inches)||359 (14.1)|
|Tong Opening At Tips, mm (inches)||3785 (149)|
|Enclosure Area, m² (ft²)||1.63 (17.5)|
|Steering Articulation Angle, ± Degrees||45|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||352 (93)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||123.6 (32.6)|
|Alternator Output, Amp||150|
|Travel Speed, kph (mph)||17.97 (11.16)|
|Oscillation Point||Front axle|
|Oscillation Angle, ± Degrees||15|
|Rated Line Pull, kN (lbf)||213.5 (47997)|
|Rated Line Speed, m/min (ft/min)||20.1 (66)|
|System Voltage, V||24|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||23697 (52245)|