John Deere Construction | Swing Machines
- Net Power: 166 kW (223 hp) at 1,900 rpm
- Max. Hydraulic Flow: 248 L/m (65.5 gpm) × 2
- Swing Torque: 120,000 Nm (88,507 lb.-ft.)
- Drawbar Pull: 30 350 kgf (66,910 lbf)
Expand All Collapse All
Compared to our 2656G Swing Machine, engine horsepower is 15-percent greater and hydraulic flow is five-percent more.
- Both the spacious side-entry cab and rear-entry cab are isolation mounted to reduce noise and vibration, cushion the ride in rough terrain, and minimize fatigue. Rear-entry cab features windows in the floor and injection-molded polycarbonate windows, boosting visibility to the tracks and work area.
- Ergonomically correct short-throw pilot levers provide smooth, precise fingertip control with less movement or effort.
Deflect and protect
- Repositioned durable log deflector with reinforced mounting enhances visibility and reduces the risk of machine damage. Sloped hood profile and alignment with counterweight cleanly sheds debris.
- Rearview camera and light are protected within the counterweight.
Withstand wear and tear
- The 2956G shares its dependable electrical architecture including simplified wiring harnesses and the number of connectors, fuses, and relays with our other swing-machine models.
- Purpose-built undercarriage X-frame and upper-frame structure deliver long life in the forest. Large, high-capacity coolers with optimized airflow help reduce hydraulic operating temperatures, maximizing component durability.
Make your move
- Operating weight without attachment of under 90,000 pounds speeds machine movement between woodlots and eases transport including less restrictive permit requirements. Overall shipping width can be below 11½ feet depending on undercarriage configuration.
Take the guesswork out of planning, implementing, and monitoring your logging operation. The tools of our production-planning and -tracking system expand on the core technology features that come standard in every John Deere Forestry machine to unleash a powerful new array of possibilities.
- TimberMatic™ Maps is an innovative onboard software solution that helps you reimagine your jobsites. Real-time production views, optimized routes, and shared wireless connections between machines make it easier than ever before to take your forestry operation to the next level.
- TimberManager™ is a web-based solution for PCs, tablets, and mobile phones that allows you to follow jobsite progress. Combined with TimberMatic Maps, this software provides complete visibility of your operation — from land harvested to specific machines — so you can streamline communication, analyze tasks, and increase productivity.
John Deere Connected Support™
Your John Deere Forestry machine arrives from the factory equipped with a powerful set of technologies and capabilities already built in.
- JDLink™ connectivity lets you track your equipment, see which machines are working, and know if they’re being utilized properly and at maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Enabled through JDLink, John Deere Connected Support leverages a suite of dealer and factory tools designed to deliver increased uptime and productivity, and lower daily operating costs.
- Remote Diagnostics and Programming Capability within John Deere Connected Support helps your dealer warn you of any issue with your machine — often before you know of the problem yourself — and initiate solutions without charging you for a technician’s visit to your jobsite.
- Our advanced dual approach to Machine Health combines the expertise of the technology specialists at our dealerships with the data specialists at our central Machine Health Monitoring Center (MHMC).
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
|Reference Stick size, mm (inches)||3320 (130)|
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech PVS 6.8 L|
|Displacement, ltr (Inches³)||6.8 (415)|
|Engine Output, kW (hp)||122 (164)|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||122 (164)|
|Carrier Rollers - Each Side||2|
|Track Rollers - Each Side||8|
|Track Shoe Width, mm (inches)||600 (24)|
|Track Shoe Width - Option, mm (inches)||710 (28)|
|Overall Length, mm (ft/in)||9960 (32 ft 9 in)|
|Transport Height, mm (ft/in)||3780 (12 ft 5 in)|
|Overall Width, mm (ft/in)||3280 (10 ft 9 in)|
|Overall Track Length, mm (ft/in)||4450 (14 ft 7 in)|
|Track Length On Ground, mm (ft/in)||3660 (12 ft )|
|Tailswing Radius, mm (ft/in)||3250 (10 ft 8 in)|
|Ground Clearance, mm (ft/in)||700 (2 ft 4 in)|
|Width Over Tracks, mm (ft/in)||3280 (10 ft 9 in)|
|Track gauge, mm (ft/in)||2620 (8 ft 7 in)|
|Horizontal Reach, m (ft/in)||8.74 (28 ft 8 in)|
|Dump Height, mm (ft/in)||7260 (23 ft 10 in)|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||800 (211)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||136 (36)|
|Ground Bearing Pressure, kPa (PSI)||62.3 (9.04)|
|Slew Torque, kNm (lbf / ft)||74.376 (54857)|
|Travel Speed, kph (mph)||4.8 (3)|
|Lift capacity at max reach, kg (lbs)||5860 (12920)|
|Pump Type||Variable Axial Piston|
|Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||236 (62.3) x 2|
|Relief Pressure, kPa (PSI)||34300 (4975)|
|Boost Pressure, kPa (PSI)||38000 (5511)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||28352 (62505)|