John Deere Construction | Tracked Feller Bunchers
- Net Power: 246 kW (330 hp) at 1,900 rpm
- Max. Boom Reach: 8.49 m (27 ft. 10 in.)
- Tractive Effort: 373 kN (83,876 lbf)
When equipped with the Dedicated Travel System feature, a 330-hp engine option can be selected to further improve the performance and efficiency of the Travel System and all other machine functions as well.
The 859M comes standard equipped with Smooth Boom Control (SBC), allowing machine movements to be controlled more effectively, delivering a smoother experience for the operator and less wear and tear on the machine over time.
Generous tractive effort enables reliable negotiation of difficult or steep terrain, deep snow, and swamps. Long and wide undercarriage combined with our industry-leading leveling system maximizes stability on steep slopes and other challenging terrain conditions.
RCS can be tailored to individual skill levels and specific harvesting conditions. Multiple RCS settings can be saved according to individual operator preferences.
Floor-to-ceiling front window, large side windows, skylight, and optional floor window (standard on levelers) significantly expand the view of the harvesting area and the work at hand.
The slope-monitoring system measures the actual ground-slope angle the machine is working on and displays it on the in-cab monitor, for more confident operation in tough steep-slope conditions.
From small stems to big timber, softwood to hardwood, level or sloped ground, the 859M has a variety of felling attachments that’s designed for your job. Choose among the FR21B, FS22B, FR22B, FR27, FS50, or FR50 to maximize overall production efficiency.
Take the guesswork out of planning, implementing, and monitoring your logging operation. The tools of our production-planning and -tracking system expand on the core technology features that come standard in every John Deere Forestry machine to unleash a powerful new array of possibilities:
- TimberMatic™ Maps is an innovative onboard software solution that helps you reimagine your jobsites. Real-time production views, optimized routes, and shared wireless connections between machines make it easier than ever before to take your forestry operation to the next level.
- TimberManager™ is a web-based solution for PCs, tablets, and mobile phones that allows you to follow jobsite progress. Combined with TimberMatic Maps, this software provides complete visibility of your operation — from land harvested to specific machines — so you can streamline communication, analyze tasks, and increase productivity.
Your John Deere Forestry machine arrives from the factory equipped with a powerful set of technologies and capabilities already built in:
- JDLink™ connectivity lets you track your equipment, see which machines are working, and know if they’re being utilized properly and at maximum productivity and efficiency.
- Enabled through JDLink, John Deere Connected Support leverages a suite of dealer and factory tools designed to deliver increased uptime and productivity, and lower daily operating costs.
- Remote Diagnostics and Programming Capability within John Deere Connected Support helps your dealer warn you of any issue with your machine — often before you know of the problem yourself — and initiate solutions without charging you for a technician’s visit to your jobsite.
- Our advanced dual approach to Machine Health combines the expertise of the technology specialists at our dealerships with the data specialists at our central Machine Health Monitoring Center (MHMC).
Specs & Compare
|Specs & Compare|
|Select up to 4 models to compare specifications||
Tracked Feller Buncher
|Engine Manufacturer||John Deere|
|Engine Model||PowerTech PSS 9.0L|
|Rated Speed, rpm||2000|
|Engine Output, kW (hp)||213 (286)|
|Engine Output - Net, kW (hp)||213 (286)|
|Engine Torque, Nm (lbf / ft)||1270 (937)|
|Carrier Rollers - Each Side||2|
|Track Rollers - Each Side||9|
|Track Shoe Width, mm (inches)||600 (24)|
|Base Carrier Length, m (ft/in)||4.9 (16 ft 1 in)|
|Height Over Cab, mm (ft/in)||3920 (12 ft 10 in)|
|Overall Width, mm (ft/in)||3300 (10 ft 11 in)|
|Tail Overhang - Over Side, mm (ft/in)||290 (10 in)|
|Track Length On Ground, mm (ft/in)||3830 (12 ft 7 in)|
|Tailswing Radius, mm (ft/in)||1940 (6 ft 4 in)|
|Ground Clearance, mm (inches)||746 (29)|
|Superstructure Width, mm (ft/in)||3150 (10 ft 4 in)|
|Track Gauge, mm (ft/in)||2720 (8 ft 11 in)|
|Cab Leveling tilt (Forward), Degrees||26|
|Cab Leveling tilt (Rear), Degrees||7|
|Cab Leveling tilt (Side), ± Degrees||14|
|Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||870 (230)|
|Hydraulic Tank, ltr (gallons (US))||122 (32)|
|Alternator Output, Amp||200|
|Travel Speed, kph (mph)||3.7 (2.3)|
|Tractive Force, kN (lbf)||373 (83854)|
|Lift Capacity - Maximum Reach, kg (lbs)||5540 (12220)|
|Reference Harvesting Head||FS22B|
|Felling Diameter, mm (inches)||559 (22)|
|Reference Head Saw Type||Disc|
|Reference Head Type||Felling|
|Cutting Radius - Maximum, mm (ft/in)||8490 (27 ft 10 in)|
|Cutting Radius - Minimum, mm (ft/in)||3830 (12 ft 7 in)|
|Cutting Swath Horizontal, mm (ft/in)||4660 (15 ft 3 in)|
|System Voltage, V||24|
|Pump Type||Variable Displacement Axial Piston|
|Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min)||494 (131)|
|Operating Weight, kg (lbs)||36060 (79510)|